Mindy Pollishuke is a former coordinator and course instructor (Sessional Lecturer) at OISE, UT in the Bachelor of Education/ Initial Teacher Education program.
Along with her years in the classroom as a primary and junior teacher, an Integrated French teacher, an English as a Second Language Teacher, and teacher of a pilot Language Advancement Program, Mindy spent many years in leadership roles as an educational school board consultant in both a Generalist and Literacy Specialist capacity, and as the first Project Leader for Support for Beginning Teachers in the Toronto District School Board.
Mindy is a recipient of the Friends of the Faculty Award from York University’s Faculty of Education, a co-recipient of the Jennie Mitchell Celebrate Literacy Award from the International Reading Association and the Ontario Reading Association, and a Writer’s Award winner from the Federation of Women Teachers’ Association of Ontario.
Mindy has served as the President of the Interdisciplinary Educators’ Association (IDEA), President of the North York Reading Council, President of York University’s Faculty of Education Alumni Association and a member of York University’s Faculty of Education Excellence in Teaching Awards Committee.
Mindy is the co-author, with Susan Schwartz, of the newly released edition of CREATING THE DYNAMIC CLASSROOM: 5 Must-Haves for Teachers, 4th Edition (2020). Her previous writing with Susan Schwartz included:
- CREATING THE DYNAMIC CLASSROOM: A Handbook for Teachers, 1 st, 2nd and 3rd Editions (with accompanying website), with Susan Schwartz (Pearson Canada)
- Creating the Child-centred Classroom.
Mindy has also co-authored a number of North York Board of Education/Toronto District School Board documents including:
- Reading in the Toronto District School Board
- Writing in the Elementary Grades, A Resource for K – 8 Teachers
- Planning Guide, Kindergarten Guideline
- Literacy Assessment Profile, Reading & Writing Program Profiles